by Veatch Ophthalmic Instruments
| Friday, September 23, 2016 |
Imaging solutions technology has grown drastically in the past 20 years, with new functionalities and availabilities giving optometrists around the country a greater opportunity for better patient care as well positioning themselves for future growth.
What Are Imaging Solutions?
Imaging technology is the best way to get a detailed look at hard-to-see parts of your patients’ eyes. Each solution examines a different segment of the eye to give your patients the best possible picture of their optical health. Combining these different pieces of technology with digitally integrated software allows you to use electronic medical records to quickly access past Images to see the progression and growth of any diseases or conditions.
The types of imaging solutions include:
- Anterior Imaging: These instruments use a digital camera and imaging software to take high-quality contrast images of the anterior segment of the patient’s eye. A new and rapidly advancing part of optical technology, anterior imaging can help to improve your ability to diagnose and treat a variety of conditions. Glaucoma, for example, was regularly assessed with gonioscopy and optical biomicroscopy, but anterior imaging has become a powerful tool in getting a better look.
- Veatch Instruments developed its own powerful system, the ReSeeVit HR Elite Digital Imaging System, which combines a digital video camera and customized line of slit lamps to take high-definition, quality images, down to endothelial cells.
- Retinal Imaging: Veatch Instruments pulls in a powerful Canon CR-2 digital retinal camera, along with the ReSeeVit Retinal Imaging System to help practices give their patients top-of-the-line technology and illness detection while shortening exam times and improving efficiency. From macular degeneration to diabetic retinopathy, glaucoma, arterial or retinal vein occlusion, a clear retinal photograph can give you a precise, detailed picture of your patients’ eyes.
- Endothelium Imaging: The endothelium, the deep layer of the cornea, can be made up of about 300,000 hexagonal cells, and is a vital part of proper corneal function. Because these cells don’t grow back or reproduce, it’s important to get a solid picture for patients whose cells may have been damaged or affected by factors like surgery, age, or use of contact lenses.
Veatch’s ReSeeVit Endothelium Specular Microscope Attachment is a perfect fit with the ReSeeVit slit lamp, giving you an economical solution to document the endothelial exams and scans. This technology is especially important before and after surgeries for cataracts or transplants.
- Corneal Topography: This imaging solution produces a topographic photograph of the cornea that maps the highs and lows of the cornea, tracking both the outer structure as well as the curvature of the overall cornea. Additionally, corneal topography measures and tracks the aspherical, aspherotoric, and spherical surfaces, combining them with reference surfaces.
Using the ReSeeVit Modi Corneal Topographer, you can bring your patients the most advanced technology and features available on the market while giving your practice a step up in efficiency and patient benefits.
Investing in Your Future
Purchasing different imaging solution software and pieces of equipment is one of the best investments you can make in your growing practice, for multiple reasons:
- Staying on top of technology gives twofold growth; you show your patients your passion for giving the best care, and you can take advantage of new, efficient ways to streamline your practice. Patients are impressed when practices find more practical ways to get them in and out with quality results. Additionally, new technology includes a greater number of integrations that allow access the information you need, compare results, and put the images together for a more well-rounded overall look at the eye.
- Better time management means more time for patients. Each piece of new technology operates faster than its older versions, saving you time. Whether you choose to spend the extra time with each patient, or are able to increase your number of patients daily, you’ll see growth in your practice.
- Prevent future health problems. Many pieces of equipment were not ergonomically designed for providers. You, and other providers in your practice, will appreciate the new engineering that has been designed for your posture and overall personal health.
Imaging Solutions with Veatch
For more than 25 years, Veatch Instruments has provided optometrists with the highest-quality ophthalmic equipment. From imaging solutions and digital integrations to the little pieces that make a big difference in your practice, like light bulbs and dust covers to paper and batteries, Veatch Instruments can help you give your patients the best possible care and results, and help you streamline your daily operations. A full spectrum of services includes maintenance and repairs. Contact us today to see how Veatch Instruments can help your practice look to the future.