The CATS Tonometer Prism™ (Correcting Applanation Tonometer Surface) is the first innovation in applanation prism technology in 60 years. Rigorous and consistently repeatable clinical tests have proven that the CATS Tonometer Prism™ brings significantly more accuracy to Intraocular Pressure (IOP) measurements than the legacy Goldmann Applanation Tonometer (GAT) IOP prisms. The CATS Tonometer Prism™ has an innovative concave-convex prism surface that compensates for critical central corneal thickness (CCT), corneal hysteresis, tear film and corneal curvature data to provide more accurate IOP measurements.
- More accurate results (94% improvement for at-risk patients) based on scientific studies*
- Integrates seamlessly with all existing Goldmann type tonometers by simply replacing the GAT with the CATS prism
- Maintain existing clinician measurement technique and patient throughput
- Perfect for all patient populations and all eye care clinicians
- Ergonomic design for increased clinical functionality
*see www.catsiop.com for 7 peer-reviewed studies
Very important: Soaking or wiping the CATS prism with alcohol will VOID the warranty