The Potec PDR-7000 Digital Refractor has been redesigned to be smaller and slimmer. The logical tactical buttons in combination with the touch screen makes the PDR-7000 easy to use. Increase your efficiency with features like Dual Cross Cylinder, programmable exam sequences and wireless interface with pre-test equipment. Veatch Ophthalmic Instruments has over two decades of experience with Digital Refraction and that expertise is reflected in the features of the PDR-7000.
Now more than ever upgrading your manual refractor is an important addition to your practice.
A manual refractor by design does not allow safe distancing. The manual controls require your hands to operate the lens banks at an arm's length distance—not the recommended 6 feet as suggested by leading health authorities.
The PDR-7000 does and offers:
Closed optical system
The PDR-7000 has been designed with an enclosed optical system. This minimizes the chance of the patient's ocular fluids containimating the internal lenses.
The separate control panel allows the exam to be performed at a safe distance between you and the patient, less touching of the instrument, less fogging of the lenses
Designed for Speed
- Ergonomic design - The wide 40 degree View improves the patient's field of view
- Extended lens array - The PDR-7000 includes the same full range of lenses as a manual refractor: 29.00 to + 26.75 D Sph / 0.00 to 8.75 D Cyl
- Quick lens delivery - The fast speed of the stepper motors delivers the lenses to the patient rapidly to speed the exam process and reduce patient confusion
- Risley prism standard - No upcharge
- Forehead sensor - Confirms the patient is properly alignment to avoid refraction errors
- Left/Right independent PD adjustment for fine adjustment
- Decrease refraction and transcription errors, increase efficiency and throughput
- Data is digitally imported from pretest equipment
- Intuitive easy-to-use interface offers a 10.4" color touch screen that can be tilted and swiveled for easy access from any angle
- The control panel contains a jog dial to provide fast lens delivery
Cross Cylinder - Your choice
The PDR-7000 includes the traditional Jackson Cross Cylinder test functions. With the J.C.C. you perform your exam in the same manner as a manual refractor
Dual Cross Cylinder
A new and improved method of refining the cylinder axis and power is the Dual Cross Cylinder, which allows the patient to see a split dual image of the test object. This allows the patient to easily discern the better of the two images reducing patient confusion and it speeds up the test process.
Ergonomic Control Panel
- EMR ready - Interfaces with most EMR practice management systems
- When not connected to an EMR system a built in printer is incorporated into the control panel to allow the exam results to be printed out after the exam.
- Connect pre-test equipment seamlessly with Wireless Blue-Tooth integration
- USB upgrades
Reduce the Pain
Common Issues with Manual Refraction Systems
Although technology has advanced, many ophthalmic offices have not upgraded from their manual refraction systems, which comes with their own set or problems.
- Human Error
- Physical Pain
The Benefits of Digital Refraction Systems
The benefits of upgrading to digital refractors are overwhelming, including increased efficiency, dispensary revenue and patient satisfaction.
- Increased Efficiency
- Patient “Wow” Factor
- Reduction of Physical Pain for the Doctor
- Less Errors, Fewer Remakes
- Increased Capabilities
- Connectivity of Equipment
- High Return on Investment
- Integration with Electronic Medical Records (EMR)
Return On Investment
A Digital Refractor makes your exam a better experience for you and your patients but the good news does not stop there. Doctor's using the PDR-7000 are reporting increased throughput of up to 6 additional exam a day per exam room.
We have design a Digital Practice ROI Calculator so you can see how your practice can benefit by upgrading to digital refraction.